Femoroacetabular impingement, also referred to as FAI, is a condition resulting from bone overgrowth on the femoral head (known as cam spurs) and/or on the acetabulum (known as pincer spurs). These bone spurs create abnormal contact in the hip joint which can result in damage to the labrum and/or the articular cartilage.
When treating FAI arthroscopically, CONMED offers a full portfolio of products from accessing the hip joint to repair of the labrum.
Paradigm™ Tactile Needle
- Safety – Features a spring-loaded blunt obturator.
- Tactile Feedback – Confirms capsule entry.
Paradigm™ EZ Switch™ Portal Saver System
- Designed to Save Time – Easily switch portals without sleds or switching sticks.
- Flexible Design – Allows for a wide range of motion.
- Customizable – Flexible body length can be easily trimmed to match patient anatomy
PressFT™ Suture Anchor
- Small Footprint – 2.1mm pilot hole.
- Available single loaded in PEEK or GENESYS™ BioCompositeafety – Features a blunt, retractable outer sheath.
Paradigm™ Relay™ Labral Suture Passer
- Optimized Curvature – Engineers for hip arthroscopy.
- Small in Size – Minimal disruption to the labrum.
Paradigm™ Curved Knot Pusher
- Innovative – Currently the only curved knot pusher available.
- Optimal Knot Stack Placement – Helps enable ideal knot stack placement around the acetabular rim.